Experienced Attorney Fights for Personal Injury Victims
Aggressive representation from a dedicated lawyer
For more than 20 years, the Law Offices of Kevin D. O’Leary, PLLC has fought to get the maximum recovery for injury victims in California and now, Seattle. As a private practitioner and former Litigation Attorney for Shell Oil Company, responsible for offshore platform and inland drilling injuries and environmental matters, Mr. O’Leary has handled very serious personal injuries and litigation.
If you have been injured due to another person’s negligence, you may be facing medical bills and lost wages in addition to mental and physical pain and suffering. You deserve to get compensation from the responsible parties. We help navigate you through the legal process, and provide the aggressive representation you need to achieve a positive outcome.
A wide range of personal injury services
No matter how you received your injury, our law firm can help. Over more than two decades of practice, we have developed the skills and knowledge necessary to fight for you. We provide legal services primarily in the following areas of personal injury law:
- Auto accidents. Every day, negligent, reckless, drunk or distracted drivers cause major accidents. The resulting injuries can be serious. We help determine who is at fault after an accident and collect the evidence to build your case.
Mr. O’Leary has recovered money and recoupment of all out of pocket medical expenses for accident victims even where an insurance company accident reconstruction expert testified under oath that the impact of the accident was allegedly too minor to have caused personal injury.
- Premises liability. When property owners and managers fail to properly maintain the condition and safety of premises, you may be injured by building material or vehicles, or slip and fall or trip and fall accidents can occur. If you have been injured on someone else’s property, call our firm immediately to discuss your rights against the negligent parties. Mr. O’Leary has handled a wide variety of premises liability cases, including cases involving schools and universities, private businesses, construction sites, apartment complexes, shopping centers, and public areas in cities and counties.
In one case where liability was contested, for example, Mr. O’Leary was able to obtain a significant confidential settlement for a student who was injured at a football stadium between two university rivals, due to alleged inadequate security. In another matter, a client was injured by a forklift at a retail chain store. After filing suit and litigating the matter, Mr. O’Leary was able to obtain a settlement of twenty-five times the client’s medical bills. Yet in another matter, Mr. O’Leary was able to obtain thirty times the medical bills for a client who suffered incremental hearing loss due to a gun discharging in a gun store.
Mr. O’Leary speaks Spanish, and in another matter litigated and obtained compensation for an older woman who speaks no English and who suffered serious injury due to her landlord’s negligence maintenance of her apartment.
These are just a few examples. All cases are different and there are no guaranteed results. However, the key is to speak with an attorney immediately before crucial evidence and factual witnesses are lost.
- Products liability. When you purchase a product, you trust that it will not harm you. However, sometimes a defect can harm your health and safety. We help you get just compensation for your injuries. Mr. O’Leary has handled products cases involving negligent labeling, failure to warn, and negligent advertising.
- Toxic torts. Chemical exposure can be harmful to your well-being. If someone’s negligence has led you to be harmed by toxic chemicals, you need to fight back. With our knowledge of tort law, we can help you get justice. At Shell, Mr. O’Leary defended against matters involving alleged benzene, PCBs, pesticides, methyl ethyl ketone and other solvent and chemical exposure claims.
- Medical malpractice. When you seek medical treatment, you put your trust in the doctors, nurses and medical staff. If that trust is broken and their negligence results in the injury of you or a loved one, you may have the right to seek compensation. Let us help you pursue a medical malpractice claim. Mr. O’Leary has settled negligent surgery and facelift cases.
- Civil rights. In addition to the foregoing areas of practice, Mr. O’Leary has civil rights experience. He filed suit and obtained significant compensation from the County of Los Angeles for a Spanish speaking woman who was misidentified by the Sheriff’s Department and wrongfully jailed.
If you have suffered a personal injury, turn to our firm. We do not shy away from complex cases and are dedicated to providing you with the result you deserve. In fact, many clients have turned to Mr. O’Leary for help in the 11th hour. For example, in one case, a client was injured at a restaurant by dangerous food and subsequently needed extensive dental surgery. When faced with a summary judgment motion, his attorney did not continue representation. Mr. O’Leary took the case on the eve of trial, defeated the summary judgment motion, and got the client a settlement that allowed him to get the medical attention, monetary compensation, and peace of mind he needed.
In another matter, a client approached Mr. O’Leary with only one week left on the statute of limitations to bring a personal injury claim. The client had been injured in a serious fall on his boat dock due to negligent repair work and needed surgical repair of his back and knee, but could not find a lawyer to represent him due to alleged liability issues. Mr. O’Leary filed suit and at the first mediation, the defense firm offered nothing to settle. At the second mediation, only a small sum was offered and then the insurer, perhaps unhappy that even a small settlement was recommended, changed defense law firms! Mr. O’Leary and the client resolutely continued to prepare for trial. On the eve of trial, the insurer finally offered a strong six figure settlement amount which the client accepted.
You need a lawyer who will believe in YOU and YOUR case and who is willing to file suit and take your case to court, if necessary. If you have incurred an injury due to the carelessness of another, do not hesitate to call the Law Offices of Kevin D. O’Leary, PLLC at 425.419.4873 or contact us online. From our Seattle office, we represent clients throughout Washington. Moreover, Mr. O’Leary is admitted in California and can assist with any personal injury litigation in that state, as well.